CART : $0.00

TOTAL $0.00

making boating better
for boaters

Offer accepted, inspection time...

March 29, 2016

Well, today we received confirmation that our offer to purchase was accepted. It looks like our next boat will be a 1998 Maxum 4600 SCB.  This boat is in great shape and has most of the features we were looking for. The next step is to have a survey completed to see if there are any issues with the hull or any of the mechanical systems. The surveyor that is doing this work comes highly recommended, David Buchanan from Orillia. We'll have to wait until the end of April see his report. Between the survey and the engine oil analysis (diesel engines), hopefully the boat gets a clean bill of health.

I guess, in the meantime, we'll have to decide which marina to keep the boat at. Our first option is to keep the boat at the marina it has lived at for the last 3 years, Marina Del Rey (Orillia NOT California). The marina looks nice, clean and is conveniently located at the north east side of Lake Simcoe. We have first right of refusal on a covered slip. 

More to come....